Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Gulfport, Mississippi

The below shots are of Gulfport Mississippi. I state when the area changes. I wanted to order these better and think a little more about my comments and the order of them but, it's late and these pictures depress me, badly.. I try not to look at them and now, after a month of slowly posting them all, I am finished.

It amazes me at how much power Hurricane Katrina had. It hurt's me to have seen all the people that lost everything they own. I'm still haunted by the emotions and faces of the people on the Mississippi Coast. Even though I have not lived there for the past five years I feel like a part of me was taken, without me giving permission, it was just taken and I'm just one person that was able to leave and come back to a home. There are still, over 45 days after the storm, people living in tents where their homes once stood, waiting for aid.

My heart hurts for the Gulf Coast..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home