Tuesday, August 09, 2005


It doesn't look like it but I kid you not, this thing was about 10 feet tall and as big as a car. ~~Revised, 08-22-05~~ ...and they say television rots the mind. I'm watching a show on The Travel Channel right now called Stranded with Cash Peters and they dropped him off in the middle of a field of these things in Guadalajara, Mexico. I'm pretty sure it is the same thing. The ones in the field were scrawnier (is that a word?) but I guess that could be expected. Anyway, they called them Blue Agaves and they are used to make Tequilla. They chop all the 'branches' off, boil the center of it then do what they do to ferment it and make Tequilla.

..and after more research I have found a more fitting description here..
http://www.floridata.com/ref/a/agav_ame.cfm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home