Sunday, June 26, 2005

...early Morning downtown...

Starting about this time yesterday morning I ended up in Downtown Austin, just walking around with my camera. I started off at Old Settlers Park just down the road, trying to get shots of the moon. That was disappointing, so I drove south. I ended up walking around until 3:30 a.m. Just taking pictures. It was very interesting as this was my first "true" visit downtown (as in 'exploring on foot') and it was at 2 a.m. That's when all the bars close and our 6th St. is compared to Bourbon St. in New Orleans. I walked along Congress which cuts through 1st St. through 11th St. which is right in front of the Capitol. Many, many interesting characters running about. I was mobbed at one point by five Salsa Dancers, begging me to snap a photo of them. They didn't think I would send them the picture. Much Thanks came in return for that one..

It was heart breaking at times because once you are past 7th St., going towards the Capitol, you begin to see all the homeless. At 3 a.m. most were asleep with their belongings at their side. Some used all their belongings in the world - crammed into a backpack - as a pillow. Everything they had, right there under their head... Very surreal experience.

Below are some of my favorite shots of yesterday morning...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much thanks came in return for that one...what do you mean? It just seemed a little weird how you put that.

10:51 PM  
Blogger ` said...

They were very Thankful...

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home